Kitchen cleaning chores are some of the most difficult. In most homes, the kitchen doubles as not only a place to prepare meals and store food, but also the place where families gather to talk, play games and spend time together. With this type of heavy usage, it is no wonder that supermarkets and other retailers stock row after row of harsh, chemical cleaners intended to help consumers clean their kitchens.
What these retailers don’t want you to know, however, is that you already have all the ingredients you need to cut through tough kitchen grease and grime in your pantry and even better, these ingredients are non-toxic, have no irritating odors and are safe to use around children, pets and food preparation areas.
Oven Cleaning in a Box?
Cheap and plentiful, baking soda is an ingredient found in nearly every home in America. Used in baking, it helps breads and baked goods rise properly, as well as freshening the interiors of our refrigerators and freezers. But many people do not know that baking soda is also an excellent oven cleaner that works, yet gives off no harsh odors and does not require the use of rubber gloves to protect skin from dangerous chemicals.
To use baking soda to clean your oven, follow these simple steps:
- Make sure the oven is cool, then remove the racks and place them in the sink full of sudsy water to soak
- Wipe loose food particles from the oven and dispose of them
- Make a paste of baking soda and water, aiming for the consistency of a thick cream
- Apply the baking soda paste to the walls, floor and interior of the oven door, making sure to put an ample coating on areas with heavy soil
- Spritz the baking soda mixture with a spray bottle containing a solution of three parts plain water to one part white vinegar
- Let soak for a few hours or overnight
- Wipe away the dried baking soda paste with a microfiber cloth
- Spray the interior with the vinegar and water solution once again and wipe any remaining residue from the oven interior
- Wash oven racks and dry thoroughly before replacing them
- While one treatment is usually enough, heavily soiled ovens may require an additional treatment to remove tough-baked on soil
Once you experience the ease and results you get by using all natural cleaning solutions, you will wonder why you waited so long to give them a try.
Mopfrog of North Buckhead, a leading eco-friendly cleaning company, takes great pride in providing safe, effective, all-natural cleaning methods and techniques to every one of their customers. Call them today and make an appointment to have them handle your spring cleaning chores this year, while you enjoy the beautiful spring weather!